The most vital link in our rescue process are Foster Homes
Simple, we just cannot save lives without foster homes.
Fostering is fun and very rewarding. For those new to the concept, fostering is simply the act of opening your home, your heart to one or more homeless puppies; but just until they find their “forever home” It’s a great chance for those who have always wanted to own a dog but could never have one. It gives you a peek into the puppy raising process and it is a great way to find out if you really are ready to own a puppy.
Here are a few benefits of fostering:-
- You get to save a life that would have otherwise been out on the street at the mercy of passing cars, bad weather and cruel humans.
- You get to be cuddled, licked, loved by a baby who thinks the world of you.You get to pamper, love, cuddle and play with a bundle of joy.
- You get to see the change as those initially fearful and wary eyes turn to trust and love, the moment they look at you.
- You get all the benefits of owning a puppy without having to make a long term commitment.
- The best part is you get to do your bit from the comfort of your own house which helps us in a huge way.
A couple of points that need to be kept in mind before you agree to foster:-
- Even if it does not mean a life long commitment, fostering a puppy for however long requires some time and hence please get into it only if you have the required time.
- Where there are puppies, there are bound to be some puppy messes. But if you really love dogs, you will take it in the stride, just the way a mommy never minds the little messes her baby makes.
We as Indians need to stop being “pure-breed’ obsessed and need to open our hearts to our very own Indian dogs who are just as adorable. Let us remember that they are never “stray”, we make them one by calling them so and refusing them a home. Fostering is the first step for us in finding them new homes. Fostering helps many more homeless puppies take the first step towards finding a new home. Fostering gives them a chance to go to sleep in a warm, comfortable place with full tummies.
.Fostering is an amazingly enriching experience. It will teach you to be more patient, to be more selfless and giving. It will teach you to love deeper, to love again and again and more than anything, it will teach you never to lose hope.We have fostered numerous babies till date but we have a really long way to go. We need many more helping hands to take this forward
It is our sincere and heartfelt appeal to all of you out there who have a little time, a little space and a little love to spare. Do come forward and contact us to foster a baby. Believe us, you will never regret it.
After all, until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unawakened.